Sabre Senior Service Now Developer in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 46096
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work in a company that at number 26 is the top ranked company in the Dallas Fort Worth area on the InformationWeek Top 500 Leading U.S. Users of Business Technology. Here at Sabre, we develop world class technology solutions for the travel industry that have databases at their core.
This position has the opportunity to make a large impact on the business by implementing a new state of the art ITSM tool and process that will streamline the Product and Technology organization. The ideal candidate will have experience successfully implementing the ServiceNow tool and ITIL best practices in other large technology organizations.
• ServiceNow Developer responsible for supporting the ServiceNow environments and implementing new functionality
• Member of the team responsible for implementing IT Service Management processes in the ServiceNow tool, including customizing data fields, workflows, and automation
• Work with other team members throughout development of new features and functionality, striving for consistency and aligning with best practices
• Help develop integration solutions with other IT tools, such as Customer Relationship Management, Project Portfolio Management, Software Development Lifecycle, and Automated Discovery tools
• Participate in testing and correction of reported defects, including in support of ServiceNow upgrades
Bachelor's degree Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5 years related experience. Prior software development experience preferred
• At least 3-5 years’ experience with the ServiceNow tool
• At least 3-5 years’ working in an ITIL aligned environment
• Experience working as part of an Agile Scrum Team
• Good understanding of best practice in project delivery and service management (ITIL), particularly in outsourcing situations. Proven ability to work in collaboration with stakeholders and external service providers, building and developing effective relationships
• Has excellent technical awareness and understanding of the core technology in use, including bespoke applications in use and core systems management systems and tools
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of business priorities and understands the business criticality of platforms and applications
ServiceNow Developer experience with core ITSM modules (change, incident, problem and knowledge), Notify/On-call Scheduling, Release Management, HR Service Management, GRC Policy and Compliance Management, and/or Performance Analytics
ITIL or Six Sigma process improvement experience
Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Scripting and/or workflows
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at email@example.com
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Stay connected with Sabre Careers